Cannabis Accounting and Financial Reporting
Our Cannabis Accounting and Financial Reporting team works closely with clients through their strategic dealmaking financial reporting requirements. Our specialists have deep knowledge of cannabis deals, sectors, and accounting matters that enables them to fully understand the challenges you face, including
• Buyer/seller financial statements and disclosures
• Sponsor-driven management reporting
• Lender financial and covenant requirements
• Regulatory compliance
Our clients experience a unique approach, because we bring a full breadth of services, with our market-leading corporate finance, valuation, restructuring, and diligence offerings, to help ensure that we deliver value throughout your deal lifecycle. CannaForm can help you to meet your cannabis financial reporting needs efficiently as well as help you seize opportunities to keep moving forward with agility and speed in order to achieve your strategic deals-related vision and goals. We are dedicated to providing corporate and financial sponsor clients with accounting and financial reporting advisory services in conjunction with all of their transaction needs, including
• Navigating the complexities of a business combination with the proper accounting and valuation experience in order to best stand up the newly combined company’s opening balance sheet and subsequent periodic earnings
• Preparing the standalone historical carve-out financial information oftentimes required by buyers, lenders, or regulators and bridging the gap to deal basis financial statements and other diligence materials
• Evaluating the financing terms and requirements to successfully raise capital, maintain lender compliance, and report on the business post-close
• Drafting a compelling financial story in offering documents
• Developing strong ongoing financial reporting and disclosure processes post-deal
• Implementing complex accounting changes resulting from evolving business transactions or shifts in standards
• Deciphering the changes in valuation, accounting, and financial reporting required as a result of the bankruptcy process and presenting new financial basis properly on the road to recovery
• Decoding GAAP and 280E differences present in transactions in order to compare key figures and terms on a like-for-like basis
Cannabis financial strategy
Covering all areas of the medicinal and adult-use cannabis industry
CannaForm is here to assist with indoor, outdoor, and everything in between.
Edibles, extractions, and all of your manufacturing needs.
Whether it’s the first location in a new jurisdiction or a Type 9 delivery business in Oakland, we are here to help.
Standalone distributor, microbusiness, or vertically-integrated international, CannaForm is at your side.